DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
Dermot Lanigan M.Ch., FRCSI ( UROL) is the controller of the personal data processed for the provision of your medical care and treatment and medical purposes.
Dermot Lanigan can be contacted at Urological Surgery ULC, Suite 20, Cork Clinic, Western Road, Cork T 12 W59X. Telephone Number: 021 4342277
Purposes , legal basis for processing, and retention of your data:
Your data will be processed for your medical purposes, to fulfil our contract with you, and to meet any legal obligations we may have to keep or disclose your data. We are unable to provide medical care and treatment if you do not provide us with the necessary information to do so.
When necessary, it will be provided to those involved in your treatment and care including, where applicable, hospitals, and to your health insurer. Medical purposes include medical diagnosis and treatment, preventive medicine, medical research, and the management of healthcare services, including audit and quality control. Your data maybe disclosed where required or authorised by law, for example for medical research or public health purposes.
Your data will be retained only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the above purposes, in accordance with established best practiced and any relevant legal obligations.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS:
- You have the right to be provided on request with a copy of your personal data.
- You have the right to rectification of inaccurate data we may have recorded about you.
- You have the right to erasure of your data ( “Right to be Forgotten”) which we no longer have justification for recording.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data which is being done on the basis of our legitimate interests.
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data when:
the basis for processing is in dispute;
its accuracy is in dispute;
we cannot establish a lawful basis for its processing, but you do not wish it to be erased;
we no longer need your data, but you need it for establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims;
you object, where applicable, to our processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interests, pending verification of whether our interests override yours.
- You have the right to be provided with a copy of your data in machine readable format, or to have transferred directly to another data controller. (“Data Portability”)
- If you are dissatisfied with how we process your data, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Data protection Commission (www.data protection.ie)